Google+1 Button Plugin Description And Download
Search engine giant Google has announced its Google+1 social networking platform.
The plugin adds the Google +1 button to your Blog’s posts, pages, attachments, and custom post types.
The Plugin has a variety of options for button style and position.
WordPress Google +1 Button requires WordPress 3.1.0 and higher and is currently compatible up to: 3.3.0.
Some of the main features are as follows:
- Adds the Google +1 button to posts, pages, attachments, and custom post types (enable/disable for each)
- Allows you to disable the +1 button on specific pages in that post/page’s metabox
- Four display styles (standard, small, medium, tall)
- Enable / disable the +1 count on the buttons
- 7 position options – float (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right), no float (top, bottom), none (custom integration)
- NEW – +1 button widgets
- NEW – redirect the user to a custom URL after clicking the +1 button
- Custom CSS to add custom CSS styling to the button code
- Exposes a wp_plus_one_button action for custom integration with your theme or Plugin
Open a Browser window and enter http://www.google.com in the address bar and hit GO.
In the Google search windows that open search for Google+ plugin for WordPress as shown in Diagram 1.
In the Search results window Click on the wordpress.org link:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-plus-one/as shown in Diagram 2.
When wordpress.org opens in the Browser window, click on Download Version 1.6.X on the right hand side, in order to download the Google+1 Button PluginWordPress Plugin to your local computer as shown in Diagram 3.
Select the Save File radio button, and save the zip file to your hard disk. Click OK, as shown in Diagram 4.
On click of OK, a file browser will open up.
Navigate to an appropriate folder on your hard disk and save the wp-plus-one.zip to your local computer, eg: “X:\Goolge_Plus_Plugin_for_WP\” Here X:\ represents an appropriate drive letter on your computer, as shown in Diagram 5. The zip file would be successfully downloaded and saved in this folder.
After saving the zip file, you have to upload and install the Plugin into your WordPress CMS. For that, Please refer to tutorial Google+1 Button Plugin for WordPress Installation on this website.